Tuesday, April 6, 2010

2010 WHITNEY BIENNIAL


The Good


Lorraine O'Grady "The First and the Last of the Modernists Diptych 1 Red (charles and Michael)" 2010
Aurel Schmidt "Master of the Universe/Flexmaster 3000" 2010

The Bad


Richard Aldrich Untitled 2008


And The Ugly

Maureen Gallace Cape Cod Early September 2008


Jessica Jackson Hutchins Couch For A Long Time 2009


The Whitney Biennial 2010 was kinda rough - there was A LOT of video are and a lot of stuff that I might not be artsy enough to get. Michael Jackson showed up a lot so that was good. The best paintings in the show I couldn't find images for so when I do I will post it - they are paintings that you physically cannot look at - it totally blew my mind!
Check out all the artists here but don't pay to see it in real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment